Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Get rich quick offers

Hi,

As you can probably imagine, whilst searching for information on investments, there are a fair share of people out there offering incredible returns on the stock market, if you pay a large amount of money, they will tell you their secrets, and not many people know those secrets!

I have to say that I'm very sceptical of these offers at this stage.  I'm sure that there are techniques out there that will help you, but if you want to make money in the stock market, and it was that easy, to pay a few thousand dollars and receive in return information allowing you to potentially earn millions, surely everyone would be doing it, and there's be no need for fund managers and the like?

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong by people from these companies, but I can only see what they're offering as something that with a bit of effort researching, should mostly be available on the internet.  Obviously it's not going to be as glossy, and you'd have to read between the lines and work things out, but at the end of it, you'd definitely understand the situation.

There are situations where people offer training, which is likely to be a lot more useful than tips would be, but still I question how much can be gained from paying rather than researching and working it out for yourself.  I'd happily pay the money if I thought it was going to be worthwhile, by the way.

From what I can glean from these sites, they're often covered calls, option writing.  So my next thing to do was to read about that.  That's for the next article.

No comments: